PERMANENT STAFF POSITIONS
There are no open positions at this time.
From its early years, the Rehoboth Art League has relied on a combination of a small, dedicated staff, interns and a faithful contingent of volunteers to support and further our mission. Year-round volunteer support sustains our activities, and enables our treasured community events to come to fruition. Complete a Volunteer Form or contact our offices to offer your services.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone over the age of 21, who would like to dedicate his/her time engaging with the Rehoboth Art League. Here are some of the ways you can be a volunteer.
Individuals (over 18 years old) willing to donate their time to work directly with the teachers during children’s classes.
Individuals who are interested in supporting the openings and fundraising events at RAL. These volunteers will be trained and supported by RAL staff. Responsibilities include such things as assisting with event mailings, decorating, bartending (must be over 21), hosting, food service, cashiers, clean-up and other related duties.
Individuals who support our staff at the RAL. Typically, these volunteers will do: Docent coverage at the Homestead, filing, assemble mailings, perform computer tasks, cover phone lines, gallery coverage, etc.
Individuals who enjoy working on projects, such as: painting, gardening, weeding, carpentry, and many other fix-it projects
Individuals who will meet as needed with other volunteers and RAL staff to plan two major annual fundraising events— Cottage Tour in July and Outdoor Art Show in August. Responsibilities include: decision-making on certain aspects of each event, recruiting sponsors, and attending to details of event components (ie., identifying and recruiting homes for Cottage Tour).
Talk to visitors who are visiting for the first time, and people who are coming home to the beach. We need enthusiastic individuals to volunteer in our Homestead. Meet new friends while learning about art and culture. Homestead is open from May until October. Docents volunteer Mondays through Fridays, either 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm. If you are interested in getting more information about our Docent Program, email our administrative offices.
Each year, the Rehoboth Art League interns contribute hundreds of hours in support of our exhibition programs, campus events, and art education.
Unpaid internships with the Rehoboth Art League provide personal enrichment and the opportunity to learn about the broad inner workings of a non-profit arts organization. If you are a student, internships may be arranged for credit with a college or university. The RAL does not offer any paid internships.
Interested in getting involved? See below for current internship responsibilities and e-mail Lynnette@RehobothArtLeague.org for more information.
Internship Responsibilities include
- Assisting with gallery maintenance and installation prep
- Greeting and engaging with campus and gallery visitors
- Assistance with our Openings, Jewelry Trunk Show, Outdoor Show, Cottage Tour, & Holiday Fair
- Organizing and archiving the permanent collections
- Social Media & Marketing Communications
- Passing out rack cards and signage to local businesses
- Assemble mailings, filing, & data entry
- Working directly with teachers during children’s classes and camps
- Creating signage for designated classrooms
- Organizing Documents and Supply Areas
- Transporting supplies to different buildings on campus
- Creating labels, wall panels, & brochures for exhibitions on and off site
- Assisting with phone calls for sponsorships, in-kind-donations, lapsed memberships, various requests and notifications
- Supporting the RAL Staff with additional administrative tasks
Our ideal candidates would have
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Adobe Programs
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Keen interest or experience in Studio Art, Art History, Arts Administration, or Arts Management
- Observant with a sharp attention to detail